Thanks to the strong development since 1997, Vietnam economy is among the countries with the highest GDP growth rate in Asia. This potential makes many foreign investors and companies choose this market as their investment destination. In addition, thanks to the majestic natural wonders typical of a tropical country, more and more foreigners come to live, work and invest in Vietnam.
If you are a foreigner and wish to enter Vietnam to visit relatives, invest, travel, work …, you need to apply for a Vietnam visa except for citizens from some countries who are exempt from visas.
TinLaw is proud to be the leading provider of visa service in Vietnam, with more than 10 years of experience in the field. We boast leading consultants who have successfully completed over 10,000 applications for issuance of new visa, visa extension, immigration procedures, issuance of temporary residence cards in Vietnam for foreigners. In particular, TinLaw has advantage in offering service of applying for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year termed visa issuance to foreigners.
If you want to enter Vietnam, you must obtain a Vietnam visa. It may be:
- Once a month: You are allowed to enter Vietnam only once during the validity period of the visa
- Once every three months: You are allowed to enter Vietnam once during the validity period of the visa
- 3 months multiple entry visa, 6 months multiple entry visa: You can enter and exit Vietnam any time during the validity period of the visa
- One year visa: This is the visa with the longest stay period and it’s also the most difficult to apply for this visa. With this visa, you can stay in Vietnam longer for the purposes of work, study, …
Documents are required to apply for a Vietnam entry visa
To apply for a visa quickly and conveniently, in addition to prescribed forms prepared by TinLaw, you need to provide us the following documents:
For foreigners who are living in a foreign country:
You only need to scan your passport, date of entry into Vietnam and send us an email. We will apply for a visa approval letter on your behalf so that you are allowed to enter Vietnam.
Processing time: 3-5 working days
For foreigners residing in Vietnam:
- 01 written request for issuance, supplementation and modification of visas, extension of temporary residence cards (form N5) (certified by the sponsoring agency or organization; in case of visiting relatives, a certification of police of ward/commune where the applicant is temporarily residing is required);
- Originals of passport and visa;
- Temporary residence certificate (or application for temporary residence certificate) certified by the police of ward/commune where the foreigner is temporarily residing
- One certified copy or one copy (with the original for comparison) of documents proving the purposes of stay in Vietnam (depending on the specific cases, following documents shall be required: investment license, work permit, marriage registration certificate, birth certificate …). For foreign documents, they must undergo consular legalization and notarized translation.
Pursuant to the current Laws of Government, the Minister of Finance has issued a Circular stipulating charged amount for foreigners and Vietnamese residing overseas as follows:
Issuance of single entry visas
Issuance of multiple entry visas
Visas with validity period of 3 months
Visas with validity period of 3-6 months
Visas with validity period of 6 months to 1 year
Transferring remaining visa value, temporary residence cards, temporary residence period from old passports to new passports
Issuance of temporary residence cards:
with validity period from 1 year to less than 2 years
with validity period from 2 years to less than 5 years
For foreigners who have been granted multiple entry visas marked as LĐ, ĐT by foreign-based Vietnamese diplomatic missions with validity period of over 1 year
Temporary residence extension
Issuance and re-issuance of permanent residence cards
Issuance of permits for entry into restricted areas or into border areas; permits for Lao nationals to use border laissez passers to enter the inland provinces of Vietnam
Issuance of travel cards (for Chinese tourists who travel inside border provinces)
Issuance of visas for passengers transiting by air and by sea to visit and travel (in accordance with Article 25 and Article 26 of Law No. 47/2014/QH13)
Issuance of a visa in case foreigners entering Vietnam based on unilateral visa exemption, then exit and re-enter Vietnam in less than 30 days
Issuance of immigration permits to foreigners permanently residing in Vietnam without passports
Visa issuance service of TinLaw has been selected by thousands of customers, trusted by professionalism and reputation in processing documents quickly and timely. With dedication, efforts and good relationships with competent state management agencies, we are committed to successfully processing all types of visa applications for foreigners including cases where it’s difficult to apply for a visa, where there are not sufficient documents and urgent cases.
If you have any questions about the procedure for applying for a Vietnam visa for foreigners, please call the TinLaw’s visa application service consulting department for free consultancy.