You are here:

Service of Applying for Temporary Resident Card for Foreigners 

Service of Applying for Temporary Resident Card for Foreigners 

Development of the economy and the strong integration into the global economy has resulted in the increasing number of companies, corporations and foreigners living and working in Vietnam. According to the law, foreigners must be granted a temporary residence card before living and working legally in Vietnam for a long time.

Pursuant to Law No. 47/2014/QH13 dated June 16, 2014 – The Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam stipulates that, for foreigners who are granted temporary residence cards, agencies, organizations or individuals that have invited or sponsored shall directly carry out procedures at the Immigration Department or the Immigration Section of the public security of the provinces/cities directly under the Central Government where the inviting or sponsoring agencies and organizations having head offices or the inviting or sponsoring individuals reside.

In order for a temporary residence card (TRC) to be issued quickly for foreigners, TinLaw provides the service of granting TRC for foreigners in Vietnam. TinLaw is committed to helping customers save as much time, effort and unnecessary expenses as possible.

The process of applying for a TRC for foreigners of TinLaw

Step 1: Preparing documents for customers

TinLaw’s consultants contact customer, identify the request and prepare the necessary documents to apply for a temporary residence card for the customer in accordance with the law. These documents include:

  • Proof of eligibility for granting a temporary residence card or other valid papers proving eligibility for granting a temporary residence card including: work permit for laborers, marriage certificate,….
  • Application form for temporary residence card issuance for foreigners (form NA8);
  • A written request formulated by the inviting or sponsoring agency, organization or individual (form NA6 for agencies & organizations, form NA7 for individuals);
  • Number of documents: 01 (one) set

Step 2: Submitting documents

  • TinLaw shall act on behalf of the customer to submit the documents to the office of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security.
Temporary Resident Card for Foreigners
Temporary Resident Card for Foreigners

Step 3: Receiving results

  • On the day of giving the results, TinLaw shall act on behalf of the customer to receive the TRC and pays the fee to the fee collection department at the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security, then hand over the TRC to the customer.

Processing time: 5-7 working days from the receipt of full documents.  If you need to have a TRC in a shorter time, TinLaw shall complete the procedure within 1-3 working days.

Persons are eligible for granting a TRC

  1. Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular agencies, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations, inter-governmental organizations in Vietnam and their spouses, children under 18 years of age and maids going to live in Vietnam with them during their term of office shall be granted a temporary residence card marked as NG3.
  2. Foreigners who are granted visas marked as LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD and TT shall be considered granting a temporary residence card marked as similar to the visas.
  1. Foreigners who enter Vietnam for the purposes in accordance with the provisions of Vietnamese law are currently residing in Vietnam for one year or more and are not “being temporarily suspended to exit Vietnam” as prescribed in Clause 1, Article 9 of the Ordinance On Entry, Exit And Residence Of Foreigners In Vietnam shall be considered for issuance of a temporary residence card with validity period of one and three years.

Why  choose TinLaw?

  • TinLaw has more than 10 years of experience in the field of providing legal advice and conducting procedures for foreigners in Vietnam.
  • We completed more than 10,000 applications for granting visa, visa extension, work permit and temporary residence card for foreigners in Vietnam.
  • We specialize in processing applications that are difficult to process, cases where foreigners enter Vietnam for wrong purposes, nationalities that are subject to restrictions in applying for a work permit, cases requiring issuance of temporary residence card  in 1 working day.
  • Professional notarized translation company specializes in translating more than 50 languages within one day.
  • Effective handling, competitive prices, guaranteeing no extra fee during processing time
  • Timely and free delivery of temporary resident cards to the customers
  • We are a large company with over 100 consultants who offer free information around the clock

If you have any problems with your temporary residence card application process, please contact TinLaw’s temporary residence card issuance service for foreigners. Our staff members are available 24/7 for customer support. Your satisfaction is our pride and motivation for development.

Picture of TinLaw


TinLaw với mong muốn nâng cao nhận thức về tầm quan trọng của Pháp lý & Kế toán trong kinh doanh, luôn đồng hành và đưa ra các giải pháp hiệu quả, tối ưu chi phí để giúp cho doanh nghiệp SMEs vận hành đúng luật và phát triển bền vững.